On-line Placement Test
French / German / Spanish / Italian
Who should take this placement test:
- you have been admitted or are currently enrolled at UCSD.
- you have had previous study or exposure to the relevant language.
The purpose of this test is:
- to help your college advisor to place you in the appropriate language course at UCSD.
- to have follow-up discussion with an advisor or language coordinator, if necessary.
You will have 45 minutes to take the exam. Make sure you have enough time to complete it, since you may take the exam only once. However, if you can't submit your answers due to a technical problem, you will be able to start the test over.
How to register and take the exam:
- Select your language.
- Fill out a background questionnaire.
- Take the actual placement test.
ASL / Arabic / Portuguese
American Sign Language (ASL)
Have you ever studied ASL?
- Contact the ASL Academic Coordinator: Peggy Lott
- Enroll in LISL 1A/1AX (Offered fall and spring quarters).
Have you ever taken a course in Arabic or had other exposure to the language?
- Contact one of the Arabic Instructors.
- Enroll in LIAB 1A/1AX (offered fall quarter only).
Have you ever taken a course in Portuguese or had other exposure to the language?
- Contact one of the Portuguese Instructors.
- Enroll in LIPO 1A/1AX (offered fall quarter only).