Linguistics Laboratory & Library
AP&M, Third Floor - Room 3432A
Main Desk: (858) 534-2418
Librarian's Office: (858) 534-0693
The Language Lab strives to support students learning new languages by offering a range of materials for reference, self-instruction, and practice.
- A collection of print and media materials focused on linguistics and languages. Search the Catalog.
- Computers & printers
- Course material reserves for Linguistics & Language classes
- Rosetta Stone
- Available for Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Rosetta Stone can only be used within the Language Lab.
- Mango Languages Online
- Provides online tutorials for over 60 foriegn languages.
- English lanuguage instruction is available in 17 languages.
- Mango can be accessed from any campus computer, but will not work from computers using a Web Proxy, VPN, or private IP addresses.
- Audio & video recording equipment
- Reference books
- Foreign language films
- Study areas
Materials are available for on-premises use to all UCSD students. Faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the local community are also welcome as space allows.